viernes, 19 de abril de 2019

The advantages of hand-made tools


Today I would like to deal with hand-made tools and theirs advantages. It is known that kids learn better when they do things by themselves, so why we don´t give them a try in making measurement objects by themselves?

It can be an interdisciplinary task for the reason that it is concerns with science and even arts. In addition, they will be more interested in the final task, which is measure itself! Here the main idea is to make students the protagonist of their learning.
We can create different tools, but I have found just one good video where it is explained how it can be done. It is supposed to create a situation (problem) that kids have to come up with a solution. I hope you enjoy it!


Here you have another video related to create a rain meter. It could be beneficial to do it in the school and the kids take it at home. In this way we will relate what is teaching with what is learned; they can measure the water themselves. 




Don´t forget pupils learn by doing!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario